Our 2014 Toyota Rav4 EV

Our  2014 Toyota Rav4 EV

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Second service visit and changing the cabin filter

Yesterday, I took our Rav4 EV into Carson Toyota for it's second service visit.  I was a tad late mileage wise as we were around 12,700 but life has been so busy of late, it was hard to get in.  Richard Perez, my service adviser, was great.  I'd called Richard to inquire about an appointment and also to ask if there were any software updates or other updates that might cause an extended service visit.  He checked and said all looked good and it should be a quick visit.  He was right, I was out the door with a wash in 55 minutes.  Big Thumbs Up!

While I didn't ask Richard about it specifically, I'd read about folks at some dealers being charged some pretty high prices to change the cabin filter.  After $3.00 rebate available via the Fram website, my total cost with tax was $10.93  I've always enjoyed taking care of the simpler things with car maintenance on my own....oil changes, air filters and cabin filters.  Driving an EV eliminates two of the three so that just leaves the cabin filter.  In the Rav4 EV it's a super simple process.  I looked up this video on YouTube.

I purchased the Fram filter below from Amazon

Here is what the filter that I replaced looked like after 12700 miles of driving around Southern California.  Photo of each side.


The Rav4 EV continues to be a great vehicle at a lease price that just can't be beat.  If you're thinking about getting one, act quick as this is a limited run vehicle that will most likely be sold out by the years end if not sooner.  Dianne at Carson Toyota is the person to see, contact info at top of blog or shoot me a email if you need all her info.


No comments:

Post a Comment